Central Management Accountant, Altrincham.
Working closely with the Financial Controller and the Accounts team you will contribute towards the accurate and timely production of management information for the group, ensuring that the transactional, reconciliation, cash management and reporting work is completed in an accurate and timely manner. You will also be responsible for the management of the Accounts Payable position.
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- VAT returns
- Sales reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Accounting for Payroll
- Cash management
- Variance analysis and KPI reviews
- Managing the Fixed Asset Register
- Liaising with external auditors
- Line management of Accounts Payable person
- Development and improvements of systems and reporting
Skills and experience required
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a Management Accounts or equivalent position
- Preferably CIMA qualified, will consider ACA/ACCA or QBE
- Analytical mind, strong attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving
- Self-starter who can take full responsibility for the management of their tasks and reporting duties.
- Strong Excel skills Intermediate or above
- Confident, clear, and concise communication skills
- Work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Direct line management of Accounts Payable person, including training and development.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely production of management accounts and reports.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely submission of VAT Returns.
- Producing the Sales reconciliations across all companies, investigating any variances.
- Responsible for the Bank reconciliations across the group.
- Ensuring Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring Payroll is accurately recorded in the Accounts and reconciles.
- Taking overall responsibility for the accurate reporting of stores cash and discrepancies.
- Responsible for the Fixed Asset Register and integrating into the Accounts system.
- Liaising with external auditors and assisting in preparation for the audit.
- Development of internal control systems and reporting.
- 25 days annual leave increasing 1 day on 3-, 5- and 10-year anniversary+ statutory days
- Life insurance
- Access to Sim Trava Rewards
- Free car parking locally
- Company laptop
- Company bonus scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
Strictly no agencies please.