Assistant Manager Preston Queens RP
Job Title: Assistant Manager
To support Store Manager in running the store efficiently and effectively and to deputise for the Store Manager in their absence.
To be a brand ambassador.
- To lead the team on shift to deliver an unbeatable coffee experience to every customer.
- To ensure the store is opened and closed, adhering to all Costa standards, policies & procedures.
- To ensure that all brand standards are delivered throughout the shift to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Completing all relevant Costa check standards, food & health and safety checks and taking all necessary remedial action or escalating as required.
- To ensure all cash & stock is kept secure and that all necessary action is taken to ensure the handover of stock & cash is done in a secure manner.
- To manage the stock and order systems for food & consumables ensuring that the store has 100% supply of items for the customer.
- To understand and monitor the store KPI report and translate it into daily action as agreed.
- To communicate on a daily basis with the team, using the deployment shift planner.
- To execute all aspects of deployment ensuring the effective control of labour and that every team member is deployed effectively.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to the Barista Maestro and team.
- To be part of the team and undertake the ‘Capo de Café role’ as required.
- To deal with and resolve customer complaints in line with company policy / procedures.
- To support the Store Manager in organising and delivering team meetings.
- To train & coach team members and required to support them in delivering their roles effectively.
- To support the Store Manager with completing regular 1:1s for team members.
- To assist the Store Manager with recruitment using the official recruitment tools.
- To implement marketing updated and new POS as directed by the Store Manager
- To keep up to date with company policies.
- To perform all tasks as defined in the Barista & Barista Maestro’s Job Description.
- Worked within a fast paced customer-facing / environment.
- Supervisory / management experience.
- Barista Maestro accredited.
- Has worked in Hospitality / Retail industry.
Skills and qualities:
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Passionate about the brand.
- Ability to engage the team.
- Ability to work within both a team and individually.
- Reliable and committed.
- Honest and open.
- Good communication skills.
- Eager to learn.
- Shows initiative.
- Enjoys responsibility.
- Friendly manner.